Friday 16 December 2011

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

Whoo!

First snow of the year today!
It came first thing in the morning, and I was sure it was rain, it was only after I got out of the car because I forgot my scarf and today was a Bus Day that I realised it was in fact snow.
I would've been happy, but like I said, it was a Bus Day today, and I had to take my P.E. kit home so snow was a no-no because if the bus's were cancelled...yeah, I would be dead right now.
So I got to school and the snow was really coming down heavy, and I mean seriously heavy! But lucky for me it wasn't settling because the ground was wet from rain. I got to school really early because I got a lift off my mum, but when my friends arrived, wow.
We were such losers.
We ran around the school in the snow, freezing our butts off, playing Christmassy songs on my phone and singing along. We looked like right nutters!
Ah, good times.
But around 12 o'clock the snow kinda just...disppeared.
Get this, though. It was pitch black until about 8 in the morning, and it was absolutely freakin' FREEZING! Yet at the end of the day, you wouldn't've known it had ever been snowing! Crazy, huh?
That's English weather for you.










Snow is so beautiful. I hope it snows some more over the weekend, and school gets cancelled on Monday! That would be epic. So would a white Christmas, but I won't be in England for Christmas so I'm not fussed if it's not snowy.
The thing I can't decide, is what's best about snow days. Snowball fights? Snow men? Snow angels? Hot chocolate? Sledging? Warming up against the radiator when you come back in from a long day of slipping and sliding through the snow?
Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment